This blog...

...was initially for pieces done on a computer, but has since become a free-for-all. Here you'll find process work (digital and otherwise), sketch pages and studies, sometimes with commentary.

You can see the rest of my work here.

Remember kids : if you can't make pretty designs, at least make pretty lines!

-Paul

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Gino's color bitch

My coworker/coffee pal Gino Whitehall drew a viking and challenged his Facebook friends to color it. I accepted!



The original...

...and it occurs to me now that the dangly, wiggly thing hanging from his groin is probably a knife, and should have been painted metallic. Oops!

9 comments:

GWhitehall said...

its a horn for holding mead or bread or something... You did an awesome job! Im gonna need the finished psd with layers on my desk by monday. thaaaaanks.

Paul Richards said...

Hahah, sure, I'll bring it in. But you'll laugh at how many layers there are. Then you'll zoom in on things, and I hate when you do that.

Kendra Melton said...

Love the lighting!

Routinechaos said...

Very cool! Well done sir- as always. Only thing I'd want to adjust is the fur on his boots.

Paul Richards said...

...because you're a furry and you know how to render FUR, is that it, Crystel? Or should I use your secret moniker, "Crystel The Mad Marmoset?"

master_crab said...

Great stuff Paul. I don't want to be a nuisance but have you ever done any coloring tutorials? I'm very interested in how you go about it as i love your style. If you haven't would you consider doing one if you have some time? Other than that, LOVE your work. Keep it up guy :)

Mark Behm said...

Nice treatment!

Tyler Stott said...

turned out nice.

Edgar Cardona said...

mola! *spain spanish for like it! ..now step away from the colors paul...